These included (from 1917 to 1927), the headquarters of Universum Film AG (aka UFA or Ufa), Germany's biggest film company. Un nodo stradale tra il vecchio centro della città nella parte est e l'allora nuova parte ovest di Berlino. An office of the Kasernierte Volkspolizei (literally "Barracked People's Police") – the military precursor of the Nationale Volksarmee (National People's Army), occupied the floor above. The remarkably low price Daimler-Benz paid to secure their plot prompted questions from the Berlin Auditor-General's office and the European Union in Brussels, which resulted in Daimler-Benz being billed an additional sum. janwillemsen has uploaded 98235 photos to Flickr. La fermata fu riaperta nel 1990. Aus der Serie "Berliner Zeitreise" zum 60. Services were run by a large number of companies. standing for Nationalsozialist (National Socialist), i.e. The former Weinhaus Huth in the Potsdamer Platz quarter has become a restaurant and has been integrated into the new overall complex. Scegli la data che preferisci e inserisci il codice sconto “BERLINO-MAGAZINE” al momento della prenotazione. Der Tilla-Durieux-Park grenzt über eine schräge, sich der Länge n… I campi obbligatori sono contrassegnati *. This complex occupies the site of the former Haus Vaterland, and its principal building, which for a few years was the headquarters of the large German trade union ver.di (Vereinte Dienstleistungsgewerkschaft, meaning United Services Union), rises to 45 metres and has a curving glass facade designed to evoke the shape of that erstwhile landmark. It grew very rapidly in a piecemeal and haphazard way, and came to epitomise wildness and excess in a manner that contributed much to its legendary status. Il periodo d’oro di Potsdamer Platz: gli anni ’20 e ’30 Sicuramente Potsdamer Platz vide il suo periodo d’oro nella decade dal 1920 al 1930. Hitler had big plans for Berlin, to transform it into the Welthauptstadt (World Capital) Germania, to be realised by his architect friend Albert Speer (1905–81). Fu soltanto dopo la caduta del Muro di Berlino che la piazza divenne un’attraente area urbanizzabile, che gli architetti utilizzarono p… The Berliner Straßenbahn-Betriebs-GmbH started researches to control the traffic on the main streets and places in 1924. Charlie Chaplin and Greta Garbo were guests there, and Kaiser Wilhelm II himself held regular "gentlemen's evenings" and other functions there in a room that came to be named after him – the Kaisersaal. Meanwhile, among the many V.I.P.s who came to look were U.S. By the 1920s the number of cars had soared to 60,000. However, this development brought about the demise (after several stays of execution), of the legendary Tresor nightclub and centre for techno music. Potsdamer Platz Un posto unico. Media in category "Potsdamer Platz in the 1930s" The following 24 files are in this category, out of 24 total. Renzo Piano o l'à studiòu a Caltanissetta e a-o Politecnico de Milàn, dôve o l'a consegoîo a làorea into 1964. Back in 1797 had come the first of two proposed schemes that would have afforded the future Potsdamer Platz the appearance of a proper square. After all, it had been planned and built all in one go by Johann Philipp Gerlach. With the clearance of most of the remaining bomb-damaged buildings on both sides (on the eastern side, this was done chiefly to give border guards a clear view of would-be escapees and an uninterrupted line of fire), little was left in an area of dozens of hectares. Among the many beer palaces around Potsdamer Platz were two in particular which contained an extensive range of rooms and halls covering a large area. Il tuo indirizzo email non sarà pubblicato. This building backed on to an equally grand edifice in the next street (Prinz-Albrecht-Straße), also by Colditz, that had been built for the Preußischer Landtag (the Prussian Lower House), in 1892–9. There are 55 known victims, but other estimates state at least 125. In 1939 the S-Bahn followed, its North-South Link between Unter den Linden and Yorckstraße opening in stages during the year, the Potsdamer Platz S-Bahn station itself opening on 15 April. A temporary road, lined with barriers, was created across this zone and checkpoints were set up just inside East German territory. It was a key location that helped to symbolize Berlin; it was known worldwide, and a legend grew up around it. Il piazza Potsdamer Platz costituisce il vecchio cuore della città. Workers clearing the square for a new border crossing, November 1989. The heyday of Potsdamer Platz was in the 1920s and 1930s. store on the ground floor and military police station above, had been a prime target in the insurrection and been burnt out yet again, along with the Haus Vaterland and other premises. It was not until later on that many of these buildings began to be replaced by important historical palaces and aristocratic mansions. Tra gli altri, anche l’italiano Renzo Piano portò la sua architettura Hi-Tech al centro della piazza, progettando la torre Debis. On the western side things did improve later on with the development of the Cultural Forum, whose site roughly equates with the former Millionaires' Quarter. Potsdamer Platz (German: [ˈpɔtsdamɐ plats] (listen), literally Potsdam Square) is an important public square and traffic intersection in the center of Berlin, Germany, lying about 1 km (1,100 yd) south of the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag (German Parliament Building), and close to the southeast corner of the Tiergarten park. The tower remained until October 1937, when it was removed to allow for excavations for the new S-Bahn underground line. Similarly, neither East Berlin nor West Berlin regarded their half as a priority area for redevelopment, seeking instead to distance themselves from the traditional heart of the city and develop two new centres for themselves, well away from the troubled border zone. Jahrestag des Grundgesetzes am 23. It was a rival plan by gardener and landscape architect Peter Joseph Lenné (1789–1866), drawn up in 1826, that went ahead in 1828 but with modifications. As Cold War tensions rose still further during the 1950s, restrictions were placed on travel between the Soviet sector (East Berlin) and the western sectors (West Berlin). 1930 Più condivisi su Facebook Il Mitte | Quotidiano di Berlino per italofoni Leggi anche: Berlino, a 360° su Potsdamer Platz con un drone, il video, Il tuo indirizzo email non sarà pubblicato. The largest of the four parts went to Daimler-Benz (later Daimler-Chrysler and now Daimler AG), who charged Italian architect Renzo Piano with creating an overall design for their scheme while sticking to the underlying requirements of Hilmer & Sattler's masterplan. In 1923, at the peak of the Hyperinflation the tram traffic was stopped for two days and a new communal company called Berliner Straßenbahn-Betriebs-GmbH was founded. Another annual tradition that began in West Berlin (in 1952) and was re-routed into the east via Potsdamer Platz following German reunification is the Weihnachtszug (Christmas train). Dal 1990 Potsdamer Platz venne completamente ricostruita, simbolo di quella Nuova Berlino che doveva rinascere dopo il periodo buio della divisione. Initially known appropriately as the Achteck (Octagon), on 15 September 1814 it was renamed Leipziger Platz after the site of Prussia's final decisive defeat of Napoleon Bonaparte at the Battle of Leipzig, 16–19 October 1813, which brought to an end the Wars of Liberation that had been going on since 1806. Next door, the Herrenhaus, or Prussian House of Lords (the Upper House of the Prussian State Parliament), occupied a former porcelain factory for a while, before moving to an impressive new building erected on the site of the former Mendelssohn family home in 1899–1904 by Friedrich Schulze Colditz (1843–1912). In this respect the Potsdam Gate was a dividing line between two different worlds. In this expansion, a new north–south axis emerged: Wilhelmstrasse. Now firmly in the centre of a metropolis whose population eventually reached 4.4 million, making it the third largest city in the world after London and New York, the area was ready to take on its most celebrated role. Founded by German merchant Georg Wertheim (1857–1939), designed by architect Alfred Messel (1853–1909), opened in 1897 and extended several times over the following 40 years, it ultimately possessed a floor area double that of the Reichstag, a 330-metre-long granite and plate glass facade along Leipziger Straße, 83 elevators, three escalators, 1,000 telephones, 10,000 lamps, five kilometers of pneumatic tubing for moving items from the various departments to the packing area, and a separate entrance directly from the nearby U-Bahn station. The delays in tram traffic increased and the job was very dangerous for the policemen. La nascita della piazza si può fare risalire al 1685, ma la sua epoca d’oro è sicuramente negli anni venti e trenta del novecento. Divenne famosa anche per i suoi locali a luci rosse, nonostante la prostituzione fosse severamente vietata a Berlino. Scegli tra immagini premium su Berlin 1920s della migliore qualità. Things were not helped by the very close proximity of Hitler's Reich Chancellery, just one block away in Voßstraße, and many other Nazi government edifices nearby as well, and so Potsdamer Platz was right in a major target area. In New York, Fifth Avenue they found traffic light towers designed by Joseph H. Freedlander in 1922 which can be regarded as a model for the Berlin tower. In pochissimo tempo vennero costruiti teatri, bar e negozi. The second largest part went to Sony, who erected their new European headquarters on a triangular site immediately to the north of Daimler-Benz and separated from it by the re-routed Potsdamer Straße. Starting in 1754 a daily stagecoach ran between Berlin and Potsdam, although the road was in poor shape. The Potsdamer Platz five-sided 8.5 m high traffic tower was designed by Jean Kramer, a German architect. The Soviets even took to marking out their border by stationing armed soldiers along it at intervals of a few metres, day and night, in all weathers. It represented the geographical center of the city, the meeting place of five of its busiest streets in a star-shaped intersecti… On 16 August 1914, less than three weeks after the start of World War I, the Café Piccadilly was given a new name – the more patriotic-sounding Café Vaterland. Its street layout followed the Baroque-style grid pattern much favoured at the time, and was based on two main axes: Friedrichstraße running north–south, and Leipziger Straße running east–west.